Followers

Monday 7 December 2020

BIRTHDAY BLESSINGS

I have coined the Eve of my birthday as "New Year Eve".

Yes, I derived that from the fact that an old year ends and a new year begins to count on the event of a person's birthday. 

The Eve of my birthday left me with memorable moments.

I spent the day traveling and as my usual disposition, I keep a straight face through my trips, except a child is by me, lol. The sick part are the incessant phones calls that gets the travellers eyes on me as if to say, "let me see how this one who is boning would talk on a phone conversation" and quite frankly, this is also where I prove everyone wrong, haha haha. 

I can be anything in a phone conversation, ask those who both know and those who've  met me in a few occasions, lol.

It's actually not forming. To clarify, I pick pens up for these passengers, I say sorry if they cough or get hurt, I am kind but many times I just want to enjoy multiple views of other people in random or general conversations without making any contribution. 

Pardon me, it's my thirst for knowledge! 

Learn, Learn and Learn. 

Sometimes the subjects are so good that I pray my straight face does not discontinue the conversation. 

Well back to the bus on which I travelled, I had my earpiece on while I logged into Google photos which has a huge collections of moments I captured years to decades ago using various hand held devices I have used that has the luxury of photographic capabilities with varying resolutions. 

 It honestly, has been an amazing journey of life for me. 

I saw photos of moments that brought smiles severally. 

I smiled away like a teenage girl who's been told romantic words that put her in a world where only she exists. 

I have lived. 

Yes, I have lived. 

I found countless things, that I'm quite grateful for and will, eternally be. 

To tag a number to it would be entirely assumptive. 

Countless!

I smiled through out a 5 hour trip and I still smile as I write. 

There are still things to achieve, I know! And sadly, there forever will.  

But I made someone believe. 

I made someone smile. 

I received emails from around the world. 

People around the world read "Victor Cosmas Blog" from unimaginable parts of the world. 

I do not take this lightly. 

This for me is the life. 

I found where I tripped people to laugh out loud at jokes that made their days brighter.

I gave Hope. 

I showed Love.  

December 7 is quite remarkable for me because my mom always talked about the tales of my birth in a way that suggests quite correctly, (haha haha) that there was something special about me. 

Continue to rest in peace mom. 

Take for instance, I was born on the same day as a great man of God Pastor Chris Oyakhilome of Christ Embassy International and another anointed servant of God, Apostle Reinhard Bonnke passed on that same date in 2019, may his great soul find peace in God's arms. 

I have been loved by God himself and people have had no choice. 

Nowhere is more horrible than the heart of the man who says "to hell with love", he hasn't felt true love. 

Love is the whole essence of life, without which no man lives.

For love covers a whole multitude of mistakes and imperfections. 

I have loved. 

I have laughed. 

I have played. 

I have motivated. 

I have inspired. 

I have corrected. 

I have fallen. 

I have risen. 

I have been stuck. 

I have enjoy breakthroughs. 

I have stood. 

I have spoken.

I have elevated. 

I have glorified. 

I have won. 

I have lost. 

I have been wrong. 

I have been right. 

I have been weak. 

I have been strong. 

I have helped. 

I have been myself, helped 

I have had miracles. 

I have been some myself. 

I have been blessed 

I have been also, a blessing. 

I have prayed. 

I have lived. 

Life is never gauged by the quantity of a man's possession but in value of his life. 

It is to express that uniqueness that distinguishes you from the other over 7 billion people walking this earth. 

It's the real stress-free life where you live your real life and "all other things are added to you", unlaboured for.

Each birthday of my life, assesses me, not by quantity but by quality. 

And more interestingly, I got taught a valuable lesson on "Patience" by the bus loader. 

I wasn't ready to waste time before leaving to destination B because I had found from the internet I had 5 hours to travel, ofcourse I swapped from the bus going to my precise destination to be on the one that would drop me at a closer but not my actual destination and where I'd then have to pay a little extra to get to my exact location. 

Why? There were people already on the second bus, whereas I'd be the only one in a 7 seaters Sienna minibus. I didn't just leave to be on the other bus, I had stylishly observed to see if anyone would come and join me, there was not even an attempt. My dear, I concluded this bus will not make a trip today and left for the promising bus. 

As a beautiful encouragement, before I could even enter the promising bus, a passenger was already hustling to enter before me. I confidently got in. 

Unfortunately, from that time till nearly an hour no one came on this bus again lol. 

The Sienna minibus conductor came to me in that vehicle and said join us, we'd move now and in me I was like "are you seriously telling me an empty bus would leave before a half filled one", I concluded he was a joker and started to have him in as an MC for my birthday if I'd have a party. 

Because that for me was a huge joke. 

Well that eventually happened. 

When I looked back a couple of minutes later, I even began to wonder if there'd still be a seat for me, if I decided to swallow my pride and humbly return to my root, lol. 

I wasn't only regretting that I left the minibus that's almost full now if not full, I was viciously scourge by the sun's heat, in the bus that looked good earlier. 

It instantly became clear to me that not all that glitters is gold, lol. 

Like I was dreaming, I heard from my back "Awe, wa woh motor yii kama lo" Yoruba for "Young man, come and join this car let us go" I can't remember if the man completed the statement before I jumped down from the seemingly inviting bus back to the one I earlier despised. 

I was willing to seat everywhere I'm given on the same minibus bus I once rejected. 

Then the conductor came back to me and said "Awe sho ti ri nsin, shokun abi k'okun" yoruba for "Young man is the bus full now or not" I replied "Okun sir" (it's full sir). 

He said "sho ri l'aye yi mah ni suru, interpreted as "In this life, always be patient"

I listened to the message with delight and right in that bus I knew God just spoke. 

Identify your destination and don't compromise it for speed or competition. 

Hang on cos it won't be long. 

I wish me, Pastor Chris Onyakhilome, Mrs Doris Brendan and Okwukwe Okpala a very amazing birthday. 

May life be good to us. 

May we not pass as ordinary people. 

May we live a remarkable footprint on the earth. 

May we be blessings to ourselves and everyone around us. 

Selah! 

2 comments:

  1. This came late to me but never the less enjoyable to read Victor. I can read it in your voice too. God bless I miss our chats. Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really grateful for the time you invest to read my post. I miss our chat too Anne. I'm always there anytime you want to chat.

      Delete

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Translate